Sunday, August 2, 2009

Charmish in Treasury- Cute Japanese Styled Goodness





My Charmish bead, Maneki Neko, landed in this etsy treasury collection. Many of the items were so cute, I had to visit their shops and mark favorites. The ninja buttons made me laugh.

Charmish beads are designed by me, but not handmade by me, so they must be marked as a "supply" which puts them outside of Etsy's regular search engines. "Supplies" are their own category. Thus, word of mouth is incredibly important in helping my Charmish business grow. It's fantastic and very much appreciated when Charmish gets blog coverage, makes it into treasuries, and excited customers share my business cards with their friends.

In an effort to get beyond a "supply" I'm about to market bracelets featuring collections of my beads. I've commissioned a local glass artist to make several sets of custom glass beads that enhance my designs. Collaborating with another artist is a great deal of fun. Im a big fan of lampwork glass.





Holidays: you will start to see a smattering of holidays bead designs entering my shop: Christmas Elf, Gingerbread Boy and Cottage...... other wee surprises. Planning ahead for holiday fun.

Happy August!

3 comments:

  1. Congratualtions on the Treasury! I love those things!

    I just brought glass beads off Etsy - dang, had I known you were going to be bringing out your own I would have waited. Oh well!

    I came to the realisation today that I'm going to need to buy another bracelet due to all the beads I have so I'll just have to get them for that one!

    Can't wait to see what else is coming out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Aly on being included in such a Cute treasury!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ang, that's sweet. Well, you can't really have too many beads. You can swap them out, or wear two bracelets at a time. Sounds like we are both about to start a second...

    Gillian, well being labeled as "handmade but not by me" puts me in a hard to find catagory, but sure lets me offer the good prices to you girlz!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete